NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS FOR TEACHERS
- Government of Pakistan is committed to improving the quality of education which depends upon the quality of teacher education. To enhance the quality of teachers, National Professional Standards for Teachers (NPSTs) were developed by Policy and Planning Wing, Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan in February 2009 with the technical support of UNESCO and financial support of USAID under Strengthening Teacher Education in Pakistan (STEP) project.
- The NPSTs were officially adopted by representatives ofthe provinces/ are” in the National Steering Committee meeting in 2008.
Each standard has THREE parts
A. Knowledge and understanding (content): What teacher knows
B. Dispositions Behaviors, attitude and values
C. Performances and skills: What teacher can do and should be able to do
Standard 1: Subject Matter Knowledge
1-A: Knowledge and Understanding: Teachers know and understand:
- in depth knowledge of the subject matter
- The national curriculum framework
- Basic concepts, theories, history of the subject
- The new emerging concepts, results of researches and latest trends at national and international levels.
- The relationship of the subject to other disciplines and its usability in practical life
1-8: Dispositions: Teachers give value and are committed to:
- Facilitate learners through multiple ways in acquiring and construction of knowledge.
- Make knowledge applicable to real world situations.
1-C: Performance and Skills: Teachers demonstrate knowledge & understanding through:
- Effectively explaining the content in multiple perspectives.
- Giving examples of application of the content from practical life.
Standard-2: Human Growth and Developmen
2-A: Knowledge and Understanding: Teachers know and understand:
- How students construct knowledge, acquire skills and develop habits of mind.
- Individual differences among students.
- Diverse style of learning.
- Motivational strategies to achieve and perform excellently.
- DEO Elementary Departmental Permission
- PPSC Departmental Permission Certificate
- Class iv ACR / PER
- Casual Leave Application
- Application for Pension and Gratuity.
- Life Certificate for Pensioners
- Punjab Benevolent Fund Form 2020
- Last Pay Certificate LPC